UX / UI / FRONT END WEB DESIGNER / DEVELOPER / SPECIALIST
I am a unique, stylistic, conceptual and experienced UX and UI Designer and Creative Lead providing excellent understanding across a diverse range of commercial projects with the ability to plan, manage, produce and lead concepts through the design ideation and development processes while keeping focus on customer-centred design solutions that support the strategic path of the business.
Some of my most recent projects for Stan James are not live on my portfolio but these are available at request or at interview. Take a look below at some of my most recent works or click to see my full portfolio.
Above is a collection of my most recent projects, however to view my full portfolio please use the button below.
AN EXPERIENCED UX AND UI DESIGNER AND CREATIVE LEAD
I have extensive knowledge of Web and Mobile UX and UI with the ability to plan, manage, lead and produce creative designs from concept through to completion utilising software packages such as Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator and also excellent HTML hand coding and CSS to produce working prototypes.
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Director, Flash, Acrobat Professional, Softimage|XSI, Premier, After Effects and MS Office tools, Online, Offline, Mobile Design, Wireframe, Flow Charts/Diagrams, Axure.
ASP/.NET, Java, MySQL, Interworld, PHP, XML.
Excellent understanding of E-commerce, FTP, Hosting, Domain Names, Search Engine Indexing/Optimisation, Google Analytics, Adwords, Webtrends, RUI/Oracle, Social Media, Email Marketing, Internet Transactions, Intranets, Online Marketing Strategies, Online Promotions, VeriSign and McAfee Secure.
MORE THAN 10 YEARS COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE IN UX/UI DESIGN
December 2010 – Present
As the Head of UX and Design for Stan James I am responsible for the user experience (UX), user journey and all online and offline creative material across web and mobile for all products and brands. As the department head I am responsible for managing a team of two Graphic Designers, a UX/UI Designer and a Front-End Developer. I steer and provide effective guidance to ensure the companies brand guidelines and high standard of output are continued throughout all creative’s and projects. I’ve effectively managed and planned design projects for high profile events such as Cheltenham Festival, Grand National, Euro 2012 and the London Olympics. I work closely with key stakeholders, product managers and third parties to provide UX and UI design solutions to any and all needs across the business.
Head of UX and Design
- Full responsibility and creative lead (UX/UI) for all online and offline material across all product channels including Sportsbook, Casino, Poker, Games and Mobile including internationals and white labels.
- Full responsibility and creative lead (UX/UI) for the company’s mobile sites and applications across all channels including internationals and white labels.
- Implementation of customer feedback and monitoring tools.
- Analyse customer feedback and make business recommendations for improvement.
- Manage and lead a team of 4 (two Graphic Designers, a UX/UI Designer and a Front-End Developer).
- Lead all company projects from a design, usability and an experience perspective.
- Responsible for creating wireframes and prototypes to demonstrate product ideas and improvements and then present these to key stakeholders.
- Lead, plan, monitor and review all projects with the development team to ensure the quality of UX and UI is delivered.
- Manage the workflow of development resource for support and projects.
- Manage design projects for events such as Cheltenham Festival, Grand National, World Cup 2014 and the London Olympics.
- Responsible for the full recruitment process and implementation of the current design and UX team.
- Monitor and assess individual performance and set KPI’s in the form of yearly Appraisals for the design and UX team.
- Use Google Analytics and RUI to analyse site usage and recommend improvements for the user journey and experience.
- Effectively manage 3 CMS company websites built in Drupal including design, development and infrastructure.
Website and Creative Manager
- Full responsibility and creative lead for all online and offline material across all product channels including Sportsbook, Casino, Poker, Games and Mobile.
- Manage design projects for events such as Cheltenham Festival, Grand National, Euro 2012 and the London Olympics.
- Effectively manage a team of 2 Designers.
- Brand responsibility for StanJames.com, international websites and white labels covering many brands.
- Mobile application design.
- Use Google Analytics to analyse site usage and recommend improvements for the user journey.
- Full technical development and design responsibility for Stan James betting news portal and affiliates.
April 2007 – December 2010
After joining the company in April 2007 as a web designer I was promoted to senior web designer in June 2009 taking full responsibility for the company’s ecommerce sites across both B2C and B2B channels, adding my own creative flair and innovation to grow their online business and brand awareness. As part of my role I headed up the recruitment process to bring in two new web designers to assist in the day to day running and maintenance, whilst focusing my efforts on improvements and new technologies to keep ahead of the game ensuring online growth and performance targets were delivered.
Senior Web Designer
- Full responsibility and creative lead for all ecommerce sites for the interface design, usability, SEO, promotions and content.
- Effectively manage a team of two web designers.
- Ensure sites are W3C standard compliant and compatible across all internet browsers.
- Managing an ongoing project to redesign and build all three ecommerce sites for a new platform working closely with the IT development team.
- Setup www.caboodle.co.uk on social media networking sites such as Facebook and twitter to build brand awareness.
- Responsible for ensuring websites are fully optimised for top level search engine performance.
- Use Google Analytics and Webtrends Ondemand to report site usage and recommend improvements.
- Created email campaign designs and html build from concept through to completion.
- Banner design for promotions and offers used across all company ecommerce sites and third party advertising sites.
- Microsite design and build for vendors such as Sony, HP, TomTom and Samsung.
- Setup Google Analytics for all company sites to report performance on traffic and sales.
- Maintained the content online across all three company sites.
- Worked closely with the marketing department and vendors to ensure brand guidelines were consistent.
- Maintained large corporate account personalisation and information online using Interworld CMS system.
- Created artwork for print design used to promote products and services for motorway advertising and the company’s catalogue.
- Created bespoke email signatures for all company employees.
September 2005 – October 2006
During my time at albanySIGNdisplays I worked both as a graphic designer and as a sign fitter. After graduating with a BA Hons degree my role at albanySIGNdisplays provided me the experience of working in a design environment and a start in my chosen career.
- Designed artwork for vehicle graphics, internal and external shop signage, display boards, office stationery and logo design.
- Setup the company’s website and trained a member of staff to carry out updates.
- Optimised the images supplied by customers so they could to be used in artwork.
- Used CAD/CAM software to define the toolpath needed to cut and manufacture the final sign.
- Assembled the final sign and fitted to the customer premises.
As part of my work experience during secondary school I got the opportunity to work for a small in-house graphic design company.
- Created logo and business card designs.
- Produced brochure and leaflet designs.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATED TO DEGREE LEVEL
BA (Hons) Degree
Multimedia Design and Digital Animation
2003 – 2005
Creative Computer Applications
Multimedia Design and Digital Animation
2003 – 2005
2 A Level’s
Art and Design (Graphics) & Business Studies
2001 – 2002
Morton Secondary School
1995 – 2000